2010 was another year of dramatic change for our industry. Our team at the Yellow Pages Association spent the year working on many fronts to help our members succeed and thrive.
Despite the many challenges of the year, I’m proud of the accomplishments we’ve made:
- We achieved industry support for a new national consumer choice clearinghouse to be housed at www.yellowpagesoptout.com – due to go live in early 2011.
- We worked hard to educate stakeholders about the value of printed Yellow Pages and the important economic role publishers play in local economies, ultimately helping to stop harmful legislation in five states and several local jurisdictions.
- Launched new leading local search research from Burke and call tracking information.
- Added 36 new members (more on these exciting developments in 2011).
- Better positioned all of our members to take advantage of growth opportunities from local search.
And with this momentum, we look forward to continuing our work in 2011. Next year will be a turning point for our association and our industry. I predict that you’ll see the results of a lot of the work we’ve been doing over the past two years come to fruition – from the www.yellowpagesoptout.com clearinghouse launch, to our re-designed annual conference “Search Starts Here”, to many other surprises we have in store.
On a final note, Kathy Roush, Vice President of Operations and Larry Small, Director of Research, will be leaving us at year end. Kathy and Larry have been with YPA for a number of years, and each has made significant contributions to the growth and well-being of our industry. They will be greatly missed.
On behalf of all of us at YPA, thank you for following us here at InsideYP. All of us at YPA look forward to seeing you again next year. Happy holidays.