After the Idea Labs and networking on Day 1, and the great sessions planned for Day 2, there is a lot to look forward to on the third and final day of the 2014 Local Search Association Conference. You won’t want to miss all the great speaker and panel sessions planned, as well as the inaugural Ad to Action Awards ceremony. Here are the planned highlights for April 29th:
Steve Wozniak, Co-Founder, Apple
“The Woz” is a Silicon Valley icon who knows a thing or two about innovation. He will discuss the intersection of future technologies, his favorite new products and his predictions for mobile and wearable devices. In addition, the Woz will highlight the local marketing opportunities resulting from these new technologies for both national brands and SMBs. His session alone will be worth to trip to Huntington Beach!
Gian Fulgoni, Executive Chairman/Co-Founder, comScore
The rapid adoption and use of mobile devices is changing the face of digital marketing. Consider for example that more than 50% of time spent on the Internet now occurs via mobile access. In this presentation, Gian Fulgoni will review the latest statistics showing how consumers are conducting local search today, with a particular focus on the use of mobile devices and the implications for marketers and publishers.
Ad to Action Awards Ceremony
We recently announced the finalists for our first ever Ad to Action Awards. During the awards ceremony, join us for drinks, food and networking as we celebrate innovation in local advertising. We will be showing a video highlighting each winner and featuring interviews with our judging panel on why they chose each solution.
Other Noteworthy Sessions
- “Local’s Coming Data Revolution” (Retailigence, Placemeter, Placed)
- “Emerging Start-Up Tech in the Local Media Space” (Google)
- “From Traditional Yellow Pages to the Consumers’ Online Arena” (Zap Group Ltd.)
- “Redefining the Experience of Buying and Selling at the Local Level” (Solfo, Saatchi Art)
- “Utilizing Local Media Data for Sales and Marketing Efforts” (Burke)
- “Back to the Future” (Solfo, BuzzBoard, Opus Research)