While having a clearly defined and accurate return on investment (ROI) is extremely important to marketers, one study shows that 3 in 4 marketers around the world report problems or challenges when trying to calculate ROI. While tracking ROI on some media types is easier than others, smart marketers are finding innovative ways to do this.
From coupons, call tracking, promo codes and various types of online analytics tools, there are many solutions for helping calculate ROI. Furthermore, with the proliferation of mobile devices, the ability to follow a consumer both online and offline will be instrumental in developing better ROI data for online advertising.
Here are some stats highlighting various media and the ROI they deliver:
- Brands averaged a sales lift of more than $6 for every $1 spent on radio ads. (Nielsen Catalina Solutions)
- 9 in 10 marketers are seeing either improved (42.7%) or steady (48.3%) ROI on Google over the past 6 months. (Ad Age/RBC Capital Markets)
- While only 15.5% of SMBs reported using Facebook ads to advertise and promote their business, they gave it the highest combined ROI of “Excellent” (10-19x spend) and “Extraordinary” (more than 20x spend) compared to other social platforms including YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn. (BIA/Kelsey)
- Global marketers have ranked email and SEO as the top two channels for ROI three years in a row. (Econsultancy/Adestra)
- While only about 3 in 10 marketers say mobile marketing is producing ROI for them right now, another 51% believe it eventually will. (ExactTarget)
Be sure to check back next Friday for our next edition of Top 5 Local Ad Stats of the Week. Have a great weekend!