Today we are thrilled to announce the winners of our inaugural Ad to Action Awards, a new awards competition we developed to foster new ideas and stimulate thinking to bring to market the best local advertising products.
The awards recognized new or recently introduced solutions within eight submission categories that demonstrated the greatest potential for driving local business sales and providing memorable experiences to consumers at the end of their purchasing decision track.
Local advertising providers submitted 60 outstanding solutions for evaluation by a diverse panel of 14 notable experts, analysts, media and practitioners from across the local advertising industry. Our judges reviewed submissions and selected finalists and winners for each category based on those that were most compelling and best address current market needs.
So without further ado, this year’s winners include:
- Business Listings: Local Listing Manager™ by Rio SEO. Rio SEO’s Local Listing Manager software is the only available solution that can deliver unlimited optimized local business data via bulk feed or API to all the major search engines and data aggregators.
- Mobile: GeoCookie by Thinknear. The GeoCookie identifies location context, groups location categories and stores data in a usable format that can be accessed in real-time.
- Social Media: Likes for Lives by Search Influence. The Likes for Lives program is a Facebook fan building initiative that encourages targeted audiences to ‘like’ a company’s Facebook page in exchange for a donation to a choice of non-profit organizations benefiting breast cancer awareness/research.
- Print: Platform Agnostic Dynamic Location Based Media Planning by SMG Local Spectrum. SMG Local Spectrum’s dynamic tool generates ranking reports that help determine the best directories to advertise in based on a client’s key performance indicators, new and existing locations, rural versus urban locations, budgets, proprietary zip code level data and custom publisher negotiated discounts.
- Vertical Specific: Weather Triggered Demand Generation by SMG Local Spectrum. SMG Local Spectrum’s solution leverages real-time weather event triggers such as cold temperatures and natural disasters to serve relevant hyper-local messaging via online advertising formats.
- Video: TargetView by Sightly. TargetView generates hundreds of scalable, affordable, localized video ads for all locations in a brand’s network, using clients’ existing creative or assets from its library and stock sources.
- Deals/Loyalty/Ecommerce: MyTime. The MyTime website and mobile app allows users to find a business, check availability, read reviews and book appointments in seconds.
- Implementation: AdMax® Local by The Search Agency. AdMax® Local is a fully automated search engine marketing solution that enables small businesses to benefit from high quality and profitable local search campaigns by producing, managing and reporting on hyper-local, optimally structured, highly relevant and performance-focused SEM campaigns.
Following the awards announcement, winners were invited to a private luncheon with conference speaker Steve Wozniak, the Silicon Valley icon and Apple co-founder, to discuss their solutions and plans for bringing them to market.
Beginning next month, winners will be assigned a dedicated LSA team to secure broad industry support in testing, partnering and promoting their products so they have the best shot of succeeding in the marketplace. Winners will also be highlighted in our communications with members and other industry leaders and influencers, in ongoing outreach to business and tech reporters, and through our digital and social media channels.
Congratulations to this stellar group on your contributions to our industry!